The Chapin Alumnae Association kicked off 2019 with a Career Networking afternoon in partnership with St. Bernard's School on Sunday, January 6. Alumnae participated in a discussion and Q&A with panelists representing a wide range of industries followed by open networking with IndustryTables, led by alumnae/alumni from both schools. Topics covered included work relationships, mentorship, credentials, navigating choices in the work force, and how to build your network. Chapin community members in attendance included alumnae from the Classes of 2001 through 2018 and current students in Upper School.
Maximo Cubilette (St. Bernard's ’02), consultant for boutique financial management company Clockwork, moderated the discussion with five distinguished panelists:
- Justine Almada (Chapin ’01), Executive Director and Co-Founder of The HPV and Anal Cancer Foundation,
- Sibyl Anderson, MD, MPH (Chapin ’81 and St. Bernard's parent), Director of United States Medical Affairs in the Oncology Division at Bayer Pharmaceuticals,
- A.J. Houston (St. Bernard's ’03), Global Equity Trader for the Royal Bank of Canada,
- Judith Ohikuare (Chapin ’07), freelance writer and Development Manager at NY Writers Coalition,
- and Jonathan Perez (St. Bernard's ’96), Assistant District Attorney for the Kings County District Attorney’s Office.
Thanks to Chapin Alumnae Association Committees ACAP and AlumNet for organizing this fantastic event.
Browse photos from the event below: