1. Application: Submit the online application and fee through your Ravenna account. Applications should be submitted by December 1, 2022.
2. Student Questionnaire: This questionnaire allows the admissions committee to have a better understanding of our applicants. It is important to Chapin that students fill out this form independently. Please note: The student questionnaire must be submitted no later than 72 hours prior to the student interview.
3. Tour: Students and their families will have the opportunity to visit Chapin and see the spaces where Middle and Upper School student life and learning take place. Tours are led by Chapin Admissions Student Ambassadors (CASA) and conclude with a brief Q&A with members of the Admissions Office.
4. Applicant Interview: The applicant interview is an important opportunity for the admissions committee to learn more about your child’s interests and for them to learn more about Chapin. Once your application is processed, you will be able to schedule an applicant interview for your child.
5. Academic Assessment: Applicants to Classes 8-10 will take a virtual Chapin academic assessment in math and English. Standardized test scores, including the ISEE and SSAT, are not a component of the admission process at Chapin. Please do not send scores to the Admissions Office as it will not be included in the applicant file.
6. Character Skills Snapshot (CSS): Chapin requires the Character Skills Snapshot (CSS) to be completed by applicants for Classes 8-10. The CSS is administered through the Enrollment Management Association. Learn more about the CSS by clicking here. Families applying for tuition assistance may contact Kate Knight in the admissions office for a fee waiver.
7. Student Self-Expression: The Admissions Committee invites applicants to Classes 8-10 to share one example of their own self-expression as an element of the application process. Whatever you choose should be a reflection of who you are and should not be a piece created solely for the purpose of the admission. Our hope is that what you share will allow us to know you even better. Further details will be provided in Ravenna.
8. ISAAGNY Math and English Teacher Evaluation Forms: Chapin requires the ISAAGNY Mathematics Teacher Evaluation form from the student’s current classroom teacher(s). If the student has the same teacher for English and math, separate forms are still required to be submitted. Each form will be available on Ravenna.
9. Official School Records: Chapin requires school reports from the last two years, as well as the fall 2022 school report. These records should be sent directly to the Admissions Office from the applicant’s current school. The Transcript Release Form will be available on Ravenna.
10. Meet the Head of Upper School: All parent(s)/guardian(s) will hear from Head of Upper School Allison Bishop and a student panel about our curriculum and student life.
11. Tuition Assistance: Families who intend to apply for tuition assistance can find further information on our Affording Chapin page.
*Required supporting materials may be found on Ravenna.