- Tuition and Additional Expenses
- The Garcia Family Foundation
- Financial Aid at Chapin
- Applying for Financial Aid - Admissions Applicants
- Applying for Financial Aid - Current Students
2019-2020 all-in tuition for Kindergarten through Class 12 is $51,950
Chapin’s annual tuition is inclusive of costs associated with lunch, snacks, school day field trips, participation in athletics and clubs, technology access (although not the Laptop Immersion Program), Tuition Insurance Plan and most items supplied by the school to your student.
- For Classes 6 and 9, and new students in Classes 7-12:
- Laptop Immersion Program (includes purchase from Chapin of required Apple laptop and installed software) – cost is approximately $2,000
- For Classes 4-7:
- Books purchased by the school for students – total cost ranges from approximately $200 to $400
- For Classes 8-12:
- Books purchased by family from third party vendors – total cost ranges from approximately $400 to $800
- For all Classes:
- Parent Association dues, school uniforms, Clubhouse and some other after-school programming, Brooklyn bus route, optional trips and activities, Gator Gear purchases, etc. – costs will vary due to choices made by families
Through the generosity of Chapin's endowment, we are delighted to be able to offer need-based financial assistance to many qualified applicants who embody Chapin's values of academic promise, citizenship, and a mission to be brave for others, brave for self.
Additionally, the generosity of both individuals and organizations allows for Chapin's financial aid program to extend scholarships to eligible applicants in need. Chapin is grateful to The Garcia Family Foundation for its leadership in this effort. The Foundation's goal is to broadly support the educational experience of recipients during their Chapin experience.
No application for the grant is required, as applicants to Chapin are automatically considered. Recipients of a Garcia grant are considered based solely on financial need.
1. Complete the Parents’ Financial Statement (PFS).
2. Both custodial and non-custodial parents must complete the PFS. If only one parent or guardian is listed on the PFS, please complete the Second Parent Information Form and return it to The Chapin School
3. Upload the following documents to your application:
- 2017 Federal Income Tax Return, including all supporting schedules and business taxes where appropriate.
- 2018 Form W-2 and/or Form 1099: If this form is not available, you should submit a copy of your final pay stub for 2018 and submit the W-2 as soon as it is available.
4. Submit all financial aid documentation by December 1, 2018.
Deadlines are firm. It is important that you file all forms and provide all information on time. Your application is not complete and cannot be reviewed until all required documentation is received
Additional documentation. The School may request additional information to support your application. Documents you may be asked to provide include: terms of a Trust, alimony or child support agreements, details of a mortgage or personal loan, verification of educational expenses, scholarships, and grants, value of investment portfolios, explanation of indebtedness including photocopies of bank or credit card statements.
Additional information. We urge you to submit any additional information you feel is pertinent to your application that may not be fully explained in the other required documentation. Include this information on your PFS or send a letter directly to Financial Aid Coordinator, Business Office at The Chapin School.
Please note. If a student does not apply for financial aid when first admitted to Chapin, the family is not eligible to apply for three years. However, any student who is paying full tuition may apply for financial aid should the need arise. The application must include a statement outlining the changes in circumstances that are responsible for the financial aid request. If the family circumstances have not changed significantly since the date of admission, no aid will be granted.
Financial aid funds are limited. If your daughter's financial aid file is not complete by December 1, 2018, we may not be able to offer any financial assistance.
For current students applying for financial aid for the first time, please see the admissions applicant section above for more detailed steps on how to apply for financial aid. All other current students applying for financial aid for the 2019-2020 academic year should review the following documents: