Chapin collaborates with its food service provider, Aramark, to provide a foundation of safe, nutritious, and quality food choices for students in Classes K-12. Our commitment to health, wellness, and sustainability has a direct impact on our lunch and snack offerings. In implementing Aramark's "Green Thread" environmental sustainability platform, we are focused on increasing the procurement of local, seasonal, and responsibly raised, grown, and sourced products. Chapin is committed to enriching and nourishing the minds, bodies, and spirit of our school community. Click here to learn more.
Please note: Whole wheat pasta and gluten-free pasta will be available when pasta is served. Changes to the menu may have to be made because of market conditions and delivery.
- All milk served is 100% hormone- and antibiotic-free
- All eggs are cage-free.
- All cheese and butter served is purchased from hormone- and antibiotic-free dairies.
- We serve 100% hormone- and antibiotic-free, organic Stonyfield yogurt.
- All chicken served is 100% hormone- and antibiotic-free.
- We source our lamb from an organic lamb farm.
- All seafood served is responsibly sourced.
- All breads are sourced from an artisan bakery and are GMO- and preservative-free.
- We use local produce, and often incorporate organic produce from Chapin's Community Supported Agriculture program into our recipes.
- Our chefs prepare gluten-free and soy-free selections daily to accommodate the dietary needs or our community.
- 95% of our desserts are made from scratch with low sugar content.
- We serve homemade granola prepared with pure maple syrup and no seeds or dried fruit.
- We use only organic, albino, whole grain flour.
- For our Lower School dessert, ice cream is served once a week, fruit twice a week, and a homemade baked dessert twice a week.
Fruit or Ice cream