Update: June 22, 2022
The Local Law 11 follow-up work
The school has received approval from the NYC Department of Buildings (DOB) for the north-side shed to be removed. The shed removal will begin Wednesday, June 23, and is anticipated to be a 2-to-3-week process.
- The removal will take place during the week (Mondays – Fridays).
- Work will begin at 7:30 a.m. and conclude no later than 6 p.m.
- There will be no work on July 4.
- There are anticipated to be 7-9 workers onsite for this shed removal.
- The method for removal will be to carry items through the west alley to the truck located on East 84th Street. A flag person will be present during this operation for safety and traffic coordination.
Three windows (3 openings) need to be replaced on East 84th Street
We are targeting the week of July 11 for this work; it is a one (1) week project.
Kitchen Exhaust Fan Work
From mid-July to mid-August, we are targeting work on the west end of the roof to make modifications to the exhaust and chimney fan system. This work is anticipated to generate low-to-moderate noise.
Exterior Punch List Item
There is an exterior door on East 84th Street that needs to be replaced. It will be replaced in August; it is a one (1) day project.
NOTE: The project email/phone line will remain open through the summer for any facilities related questions regarding regular operations of the school.