Before leaving for Winter Recess in December, students in Chapin's Lower, Middle and Upper Schools joyfully performed in divisional concerts for their families and teachers. The gathered audiences swelled with holiday cheer as they heard beautiful songs capturing the spirit of the season.
- The singing of "One Night When Stars Were Shining," an English song that has been performed at Chapin since 1919.
- A Middle School performance of a traditional Chinese ribbon dance, accompanied by students on xylophones.
- Class 1's performance of "The Friendly Beasts," a song that has been performed at Chapin for over half a century.
- The beautiful singing of "Silent Night" by the Upper School Choral Club and their mothers and friends.
- An enthusiastic Middle School rendition of two South African partner songs, "Chante" and "Walamba," accompanied by Class 7 English Teacher Lynette Engle on the djembe.
- A spirited rendition of "Don't Stop Believing," by Chapin's Upper School rock band, The Kilts.
- The crowd favorite annual performance of "Jingle Bells" by the handbell ensemble.
Browse photo galleries of each division's concerts below. Note: Upper School photographs taken by photographer Michael Sherman.